Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Live More Intentionally

I keep doing these long disappearing acts. This time there are two reasons. One, my laptop up and died on me. Sadness! Luckily my aunt doesn't really use hers, so I am borrowing it until I can afford to buy a new one. Which leads me to reason number two: the start date of my job was delayed and I have been living very much minute to minute in the meanwhile. 

I've just been floating around: reading, playing Facebook games, and doing the occasional babysitting job. I spend time with my fun roommates and watch TV series on DVD. I went sailing this past weekend with friends and family, it was an incredible day. That felt a little more intentional because I'd been looking forward to it for months. Other than that my days are spent very aimlessly.

And it is beginning to drive me crazy. I want to live much more intentionally. I want to have a bit more purpose. I have tried exercising every day, and suceeded once. But someone sleeps on the couch in the room with the ellipitical and sleeps until like 1 pm. It makes it hard to exercise first thing. But I talked to my aunt (who doubles as my landlady) and we are doing some rearranging so that won't be a problem.

And then work starts next week, and I have a ton of activities after work next week as well. That will be the biggest help. And for tonight, I am gonna go play frisbee with some young single adults in my area. That should be fun!

Thanks for putting up with my rambling. Hopefully part of living more intentionally will be getting back into this blogging thing, cuz I miss it!

Happy Wednesday, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. I am feeling you on this. I lack purpose as well, but it's my own fault. So I suppose I should really start using all my free time better! I'm glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete