Monday, January 9, 2012

One Word 2012: Fearless

A woman of faith is fearless.- Margaret D. Nadauld (A Woman of Faith, LDS General Conference, Oct. 2002)

My word for 2012 is FEARLESS.  As Paul wrote to Timothy in 2 Timothy 1:7  "For God hath not given us the the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind". When we have faith in God, we have nothing to fear!

My marriage was brief and rocky, and I often doubted my husband's love and his devotion to me. Then the divorce shattered my world. All this left me with a huge fear of rejection and of being unlovable. God showed me in 2011 that there is always hope. This year, I feel He wants me to learn to fly! I have nothing to fear: I am the spirit daughter of the Most High, beloved by Him!

In 2012, my focus will be strengthening my faith and trust in my Father as He shows me what it is like to be fearless again. I will fearlessly do and teach right. I will walk fearlessly into the bright future He has prepared for me. All this I do because God is for me, who then can be against me? (Romans 8:31)

Found at weheartit

Linking up with Jen at SDG.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! I'm excited about my word and am looking forward to where it takes me this year. Last year, my word was "trust" and it ended up being perfect for all that happened in 2011. It sounds like "fearless" is a good choice for you as you travel this part of your journey that you never expected you'd be on.
    :)Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Rachy, as your One Word praying too I John 4:18 'perfect love casts out all fear' that you understand more of the perfect love of Christ...all for His Glory:} God bless YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, Rachy! I pray this for your this year. It's great to see you again. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I'm so excited for this new beginning for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing One Word! So powerful and the perfect word after a year of hope.

    You are brave and courageous dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, I understand a fear of rejection and feeling unlovable. God is good! He has good plans for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Overcoming fear of rejection is tough, but God can make it happen. Wishing you well as your pursue your goal. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE how the fearless and faith work hand-in-hand! Are you planning on writing a mile-marker post every 3 months as Alece suggested?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great verses you have chosen.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for leaving a comment yesterday on my blog! I'm so glad we are going to share this journey to being fearless! I absolutely understand what you wrote here. Praying for you and let's encourage each other this year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your word and I REALLY love your bracelet!

    ReplyDelete