Saturday, March 23, 2013

Catch-Up

I almost started this post by berating myself for not blogging sooner. But I am blogging now, and that is Awesome.  I am slowly learning not to be so hard on myself. 

It's been a few weeks since I blogged, we had a very slow, lazy Sunday morning, and then a traveling Sunday morning. We were coming back from visiting our friends in Philadelphia, for Anna's baby shower. It was a wonderful visit: Curtis and Anna Evans, who are friends of Eldon's from college, are just wonderful people and I enjoy them so much. First there was the baby shower, and then we went back and hung out until Anna and Curtis had to go out because they had previous plans. Eldon and I just hung out and watched The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (2005)- which I picked to pieces. Then C+A came home and we played Dominion, and then Curtis and I played Mancala 3 times with a different rule set each time. That was fun! And then we talked until 1 in the morning. Oh, to be young. We also made reservations for our group camping trip this summer, on the Outer Banks. A whole week at the beach!!!

I don't remember much of the week before the visit.. This is why I try to blog more regularly..We did make new friends. Friday, March 9th, we had a couple from our ward over to dinner and then played Scrabble and Skip-Bo. They quickly reciprocated the invitation and we went over to their house for dinner the following Monday for dinner and a few rounds of Uno. They live about 10-15 minutes walking distance from our house, and I hope to become good friends as time goes on. 

But this week was abnormally busy. We spent two evenings helping my cousin, who broke her foot whilst her husband is deployed. We helped clean up and helped put her littles to bed. What an adventure. Then Wednesday night was my first night as an Activity Days leader. It was a Father-Daughter activity, so my interaction with the girls was about nil, but it was so much fun to watch them with their dads. Then Thursday night was our temple night. Friday night, we fell asleep on the couch, crashing from our long week. 

Then today we ran errands - bank, library, etc, after a leisurely morning. Tomorrow, Eldon speaks in church.  :)

Thanks for reading my long, long catch-up post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment