Monday, April 25, 2011

Hurting Still

I'm so ready to be done hurting. I am so ready to be able to breathe freely again. But I know that all things happen in God's timing, not mine. I know what it feels like when God lifts a burden, and trust that he will lift this one, but it can't come soon enough.

I still love my ex very much, and wish he weren't so broken. I wish we could fix this, but know we can't. I know that something very good will come out of all this, that no experience is wasted. But does it have to hurt so so much?

I just HURT!

Linking up with Jen.

8 comments:

  1. Rachy,
    I have a favorite book on loss, if you feel like having some extra support as you go through this deep loss in your life. It is A Grace Disguised by Jerry Sittzer. I highly recommend it.

    Praying for you tonight.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachy I second Glenda's reccomendation, it is a very good book! Praying tonight that the God of all comfort will be with you, wrapping you in His love and life!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachy,
    Today I just wrote about prayer and praying for each other beyond the passing "I'll pray for you". I can't imagine what you are plowing through right now, but I'm thankful for your willingness to open up. That part is always a struggle for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachy,

    Oh, I'm praying for you now. I can't imagine the pain. the hurt. the frustration. the loss. may you know you are loved. You are not alone.

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I third the recommendation for Sittser's book - it's the very best thing out there for dealing with loss of all different kinds - theologically sound and practically helpful and hopeful. Praying for you, dear Rachy, as I type these words. You are right on - this hurt will NOT be wasted. But boy, it's tough gettin' through it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will make it to the other side....there is hope, purpose and destiny ahead of you. Go through that valley and don't stop. Keep on going....green pastures ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what it's like -- that feeling of not being able to breathe, when loss steals your joy, and the waves crash down.

    I remember being in the shower one day after I had just gotten some bad news about my grandmother. I was crying, my heart just breaking with pain and sadness, and all of the sudden, I felt Jesus say, "I grieve with you." Just knowing that He understood and He was in charge was...nice. He grieves this loss with you, too, and helps you work it out in His time. So thankful for your vulnerability so that we sisters can stand with you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete