Friday, May 27, 2011

Mourning Period?

I keep seeing the idea floated around that it takes half the duration of a relationship to heal from it. I don't know if I like that. That would be a year and half, at least, to heal from my 3 year or so relationship. That just seems so long!

I feel better some days, but then I see a brief email from my ex and I lose it. How did our beautiful romance break down into absolute nothingness? It kills me!! I hate hurting, and just want to be done. I want to be able to say I have moved on.

 But I guess it doesn't work quite that way, huh?

The Story of Us by Taylor Swift does a good job of expressing how I feel sometimes. How it started so beautifully and broke down to tragedy...

1 comment:

  1. I do not think anyone can predict grief . . . it is a crazy journey. I am glad you found a book that relates to your heart experiences. It is always such a comfort to me when that happens.

    Do you think you will write your story someday?

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete