I love to read. Really truly love it. I love the stories, I love being transported to different places (to familiar places when rereading favorites), the way I just get wholly absorbed in a book. There is little better than enjoying a good book.
Some of my all time favorite authors include Madeline L'Engle, Louisa May Alcott, L.M. Montgomery, and J.K. Rowling. Ooh, and Nicholas Sparks is good, too. I also love the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants quartet, Chronicles of Narnia, Trixie Belden (three cheers if you remember or have heard of this series!), and, inexplicably, One of Those Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies by Sonya Sones. It's a cute little book written in verse that I can just read over and over.
A book I read a little while back and just recommended to a friend today was There's No Place Like Here by Cecilia Ahern. The book is a fun flight of fancy where a girl who is obsessed with not losing things ends up in the place where lost people and things end up. Very good!
Anyone else who just loves to read?
I LOVE to read. However, I need to devote more time to it these days. I have a really tall pile of books that I plan on getting to one of these days and unfortunately, I tend to go to used book stores and get more books. So it never ends, but I love that.
ReplyDeleteI love reading, too!! I used to read Trixie Beldon, haha. My favorite though, was the Hardy Boys. I've started reading another L.M. Montgomery this year, and it's been a delightful little book. :)
ReplyDeleteHey girl -- just wanted to let you know I missed you at SDG last week. Hope you are doing okay!
ReplyDelete