![]() |
| found at we heart it |
I am learning how to stand on my own two feet again, after being part of a couple, even if it was extremely dysfunctional by the end. I am learning to be my own person again, to be my own hero. I am building a new life...because it's not the same life I had before, while I was married, or even before I got married. This is a brand-new chapter. I thought I still knew myself, but I didn't. But I am getting to know me again. And I know I am going to be ok.
I am leaning on God daily, thanking him for the days I feel strong and independent. He got me through the days when I couldn't stand on my own feet, and so I thank him for the fact that I can now. I really believe he wants me to know I am strong, and I can do it, with Him standing right behind me.
Last year I got advice to start exercising, and I did for a while. This past week I have been exercising twice a day, and it is really making me feel strong and happy. It is such a positive addition to my routine.
This has been a year full of ups and downs, and major life changes. I'm finally free now to move on and rebuild. I didn't want this divorce, but I have finally accepted it, and that is freeing me to grow into my new life.


Stopping by from Mama Kat's.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry it's been a difficult year for you. I hope the future is full of peace and happiness with God's help. :)
good for you. i wish you the best.
ReplyDeleteI really love your honesty. I am so grateful for your willingness to share. It really helps me understand my boyfriend more, he has been married and divorced. I understand that everyone is different but I think you have graced me with some understanding I would have never got. You are strong and your faith will always be there. Here is to another year of growing and hopefully one that helps heal your heart!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it amazing, the things that can happen in one single year? And more amazing is the fact that God is right there through it all. Every single time. The good and the bad. He doesn't miss a beat. No one. You keep on keeping on, my friend. Grace and peace to you...
ReplyDeleteI happy to hear you're moving on. It's a good thing. Time has a way of healing lots of bad memories.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy to hear that things are starting to look up. God has great plans for you!
ReplyDeleteIt takes a lot of strength to step out of a dysfunctional relationship. And you are right, this gives you some time to get to know you again! Enjoy it, it is hard to get used to different, but I know God has amazing things yet to come!!! Blessings! Steph
ReplyDelete