Monday, March 21, 2011

Raw

It has been a crazy week, and I just haven't felt like posting.  But I'll try to now.

It's been a pretty up and down week. There have been times where I have been in a good mood- like after watching Morning Glory, a movie I definitely recommend (DISCLAIMER: this movie had a lot of bad language, so please be aware of that), or watching the little ones play in nursery at church - they are so sweet, or being with my wonderful friends who just pour their love on me.

But right now I just feel like something is pulling me into a black hole, and I'm trying to fight it. My job is hard, harder than I thought it would be. My marriage keeps sucking me back in and spitting me out again.  My heart feels so heavy and I want to be free- from what I'm really not sure.

I think I'm gonna go bury my heart in scripture, find God's tender mercies and compassion that are new everyday. (1 Ne 1:20, Lamentations 3:22-23)

Linking up with my sisters at SDG  :)




11 comments:

  1. I just wrote yesterday about when we're not "feeling it." Hang in there and just start praying scripture!! God is with you even if you aren't feeling it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong girl, and push through. It seems dark and blurry now, but it will lift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry Rachy that things are so very hard right now. May His Words comfort you. Sending love your way. ❤

    (I was just thinking of you yesterday and wondering how you were.... so glad you linked up to SDG...know that you are thought of and prayed for)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Rachy, my heart hurts for you. I'm praying for glimmers of light to surround you and that your faith roots you deep in this time of tumult.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachy, I am praying for you dear sister. Please know and find rest in that you are covered in prayer. That dark whole place sure is rough. One thing someone told me that got me through the roughest times with our marraige...and there have been many...was that "you don't know what's on the other side". That phrase often gave me the strength to keep pressing on. And she was right...the other side came...slower than I wanted it too...but only in God's timing did it come...but it came. You might also check out the book by Stormie Omartian, actually 2 books, I called "Just enough light for the step I am on" - for you and "praying through the deeper issues of marriage" for you and your hubby to read together. I love you girl...thinking of you...and please let me know if there is any way I can help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man I have to see that movie! I LOVE Rachel McAdams. And I completely understand, some days I just feel sad, like nothing can help but you've got to pray and push through them. If He brings you to it, He'll bring you through it :) Keep your head up friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there! He is your strength, comfort and peace...I'll be praying!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you took the time to write, even when it was hard. All of us Soli Sisters are holding up your arms for you. The day will come, dearest, when it will be better.

    You are a little younger than my daughters, so I just had to call you dearest.

    fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I echo Glenda's words... we're holding up your arms for you. Hang in there, friend. God is faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really hear your words Rachel...I do. I'm in the same place and I will share what He gave me this morning and I have been singing it all day...when awake:)
    Steph did a post...I think it was Steph...on a video of someone singing Walk in His ways...I think that is the name. " step by step you'll lead me...God you are my God and I will forever praise you? It has encouraged my heart today when otherwise I would feel hopeless. Even though I still have those feelings...I sing the TRUTH because I know it is truth and all the negetive and lying words that are coming at me are designed to pull me under. I will not go by His Grace...and neither will you!
    hang onto to His truth...it is alive for you
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope God will send you a sweet little surprise this week. Until then let us shelter you with our prayers and love.

    A Soli Deo Gloria friend,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete