Sunday, February 24, 2013

Happy Home

This past week we had Monday off, which was nice, because we need the time to recover from the  busy weekend of visiting friends. Then Tuesday it was back to the working grind. Well, sorta, Eldon took off early on Tuesday to go pick up our new water heater at Lowe's because that's when my dad and his truck were free. Tuesday, I also started the move to my new desk at work. I have a much bigger cubicle and a window now, if only because we needed to free up my old cubicle for a new hire.

After dinner on Tuesday, Eldon and I took a walk around the neighborhood. It was a nice night, not too cold and no wind. We walked nearly three miles and really enjoyed ourselves. We enjoyed being outside so much that we have tentative plans to camp in the backyard some Friday night.

Wednesday the electrician came and upgraded our breaker box to accommodate our new, fancier water heater. Then Thursday was our monthly temple night. We went to our temple here in Washington, D.C. then had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. It was a wonderful night.

Friday night we tried to watch the 1988 BBC version of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, but ended up falling asleep. Then Saturday Eldon spent all day working on the water heater switch, which has resulted in a washing machine in the middle of our kitchen, and no hot water until Monday. I used a bucket of hot water to bathe this morning. Life is never dull here!


1 comment:

  1. There is always so much going on in our household that whenever my mom asks what we're up to and I tell her, her response is usually, "Well, there's never a dull moment in the Weaver household." She is so very right.

    ReplyDelete