Wednesday was my birthday!!! I realized it was my birthday as I was waiting for the shower to heat up, and ran back into the bedroom and told Eldon "I am 25!" Hehe. Eldon made me waffles! I went to work, which was a little stressful, as usual, and then came home to a house full of surprises. Eldon had some of our engagement shots framed and also framed a picture of the Washington, D.C. temple and hung it on the wall. He also decorated my vanity mirror with positive sayings. It was so cute and so sweet. Then he made me dinner and an amazing volcano cake. We made a quick trip to the library, hurrah!, and then came home and watched some Dr. Who. (what else?)
Thursday was Relief Society, we talked about budgeting and couponing. Then Friday, Eldon and I were both a little tired and Eldon had been sick all week. He didn't go into work on Wednesday or Friday, and only worked a half day on Thursday. So Friday night we just curled up with Papa John's and watched a lot more Dr. Who. We are almost to the end of what Netflix offers. The horrors!
Saturday morning was quiet and pleasant and in the afternoon I went to lunch and out shopping with my cousin, Lucy. I called it my Lucy date and it was a lot of fun. We ate at the Indian version of Chipotle, Spice 6 Modern. Fantastic!!! Then I came home and we watched a WWII thriller, Run Silent, Run Deep.
Sunday was church. We sat with my cousin, Michelle, and her kids during Sacrament (all the cousins!!). Then we came home, and had Seasame Honey Chicken -Eldon's new favorite. We polished off the last of the volcano cake and watched one more Dr. Who - then Eldon declared himself TVed out for a while. We came face to face with the Sunday night blues and came to the decision that we need to make Monday something to look forward to- we are going to significantly up our Family Home Evening efforts. We are also going to start exercising tomorrow morning- bright and early.
Wow, long post!! Maybe I should write biweekly...
No comments:
Post a Comment