Sunday, February 3, 2013

You Had a Birthday, Shout Hooray!

Monday was Eldon's birthday. I remembered this as soon as I got out of the shower and went into the spare oom where I keep stuff for wrapping presents and got a bag and tissue paper. I took it into our bedroom, counting on the fact that Eldon was still asleep, and crouched down next to my side of the bed and pulled out his present from under the bed where I had been keeping it. I got it out of the carboard shipping box and put it in the bag and placed it on the bed and woke Eldon up "Happy Birthday!" I got him a Tardis mug where when you put hot liquid in the mug, the Tardis (from Dr. Who!) moves from one side of the mug to the other. Eldon said he'd never gotten a birthday gift at 5:45 before :) 

After work, I came home and I made homemade pizza and homemade cake. We had pizza and then watched some Dr. Who before frosting and eating the cake. :) I think he had a very good birthday. He got calls from lots of family members, too, some right at the same time as others. He really enjoyed talking to his family.

Other than that, it's been a pretty quiet, normal week. Work, Eldon working on his computer and the house, buying more LED lightbulbs. He asked me yesterday if I ever imagined as a little girl that my future husband would get so excited over lightbulbs. I confess, I did not. I baked cookies this week, made dinner. Yesterday it felt like I was using every cooking dish in the kitchen. We visited the temple and did sealings on Tuesday (performed the sealing ordinances for couples and parents and children, so that families can be together forever, just like ours, if they accept the ordinances.) That was really pleasant.

This week: my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment