Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Is This Me?

In high school and college, I rarely wore any makeup or did anything uch with my hair. Exceptions were usually special occasions, like dances. Now I wear make-up more often than not, and take time with my hair. I like it, but I don't like being higher maitence than I used to be. I guess we all change, though.

Part of the reason I started wearing make-up was the big bags I was getting under my eyes from not sleeping well. After getting cover-up, foundation just followed. Another part was switching to contacts after wearing glasses since second grade. I started wearing mascara after that. And then I saw a neat post on how to enhance curly hair, and I started doing that. And liked it. So yeah, my beauty routine has changed. It just happened, and I do like it. Others around me notice that I wear make-up, and ask why, or who am I trying to impress. Uh, because I want to, and nobody, I just felt like it. And those are the best reasons, I think. So maybe, I take longer to get ready, but it does make me feel good about myself, and I'm ok with a little extra care. I don't need it to feel good, it just helps.

What does your beauty routine look like, and how has changed recently?

3 comments:

  1. Doug always asks me why I always put makeup on. I don't leave without mascara. It has nothing to do with anyone else it is all about me liking how it looks. Do what you want for you! I love this post. Ps by your picture I would never guess you have curly hair, nice straightening job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, its more wavy than curly. I'll try and post a picture of it later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally the same; never wore any make up in high school now I wear it almost every day. However, my mandatory item is eye liner. I can't believe I ever did without it.

    ReplyDelete