Monday, February 7, 2011

Screaming

I feel like I am at this crossroads in my life, and I don't know what to do. I really really don't. And it makes me crazy. I hate not knowing what to do. Even praying doesn't really seem to yield an answer right now. And I know that's because God works in his own time frame. But I'm not good at patient. I want the answer right now, so I can plan for it. I know that's not how faith works. But I want it to this time.

 I am literally screaming I am so so frustrated with this confusion. I guess what I need to pray for is patience that the answer will come, not think of it as a race against time.

I wrote all that this morning, in a tense frenzy. It's still all true. I just am calmer. I know that God is in control, and if I just stay close to Him, and follow the promptings I receive,  I will be ok. It's still scary, though. And frustrating. I just have to remember not to act based on my fear or my frustration, but out of faith in God, and in my own judgement, as I pray and pray and pray for direction and strength.


12 comments:

  1. I hear ya!! i wish i knew what the future would bring...and I hate not knowing. am i making the right decision? and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, girl, I sooooo identify with you. So much, that my post this week is pretty much on the same type of topic! Hang in there girl, and know that you are doing something awesome RIGHT NOW with your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, these moments can be so tough. I suggest you read Stephanie's post, she covered this, too. Praying you find peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been there. Recently even. Especially when I want Him to move faster than He truly is. I know He is working and we just have to trust that. I have been known to scream on the inside :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me fourth...or fifth:) Our society in and of itself promotes living at high speeds. Life in America is just to darn fast paced.
    We are programmed to be fast...hence we seem to want to project that onto God and He just doesn't work in our time frame does He?
    We will pray with you...hang in there knowing He has just the right plan...way better than we think ours would be..and if we just wait we will be so much more blessed than if we get in the way. Hang in there ok? you have a group of great women around you:)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, watch praying for patience.... tends to come with things that require it so we can practice! :) Praying for God to step in and reveal the glorious calling in where you are. That the road would enlarge beneath your feet and that your path ahead would be clear. So glad you connected at my coaching page. I love your comments and presence there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think a lot of the people who wrote the Psalms probably did a lot of screaming, too. But I think it's good for God to know our heart cries. If we don't get it out, there is less room for Him to fill us with the things we truly desire.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like you said, just don't stop praying! I know it's frustrating, but he knows the big picture and we can barely see what is in front of us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. there's a quote that says "God came into this world and screamed alongside of us." i've even blogged about it before. because there's something acutely painful about screaming into a silent void. it's totally different when God shows up and says, "I know." praying for you because this is so familiar for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The unknown is frightening, but you are writing, and you are praying, and you are searching, and that, my friend, is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always pray this for my daughters . . . and I pray it for you . . . that you will sense God's presence in the waiting.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. One step at a time, sweet lady.

    I can relate to your feelings. I can see where I want to be . . . picture it in my mind, but the frustration of not being there taunts me to robbing the joy and the gifts of the journey. Not easy...

    Praying for you.
    love & grace,
    jodi

    ReplyDelete