Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Rethink

After reading the lovely comments from my sisters of Soli Deo Gloria, I have rethought yesterday's post. I called it a false assumption that I was waiting for real life to begin. I think maybe I was being given a much needed time out. I think that the waiting time, as frustrating as it was in the moment, was a grace from God, because maybe I wasn't ready to be fully engaged. Heartbreak is all-consuming. It still consumes me sometimes.

So I don't think so much that I am shedding a layer of false assumption, as much as I am shedding a layer of protection that I no longer need. God is telling me I am ready to full engage, to feel like real life is here again.

I am still not exactly where I'd like to be, but I am in a good place. I have good friends, and wonderful family who bless me and whom I have the chance to bless in return. I have a good, if challenging, job that is affording me the ability to pay off a credit card. It is temporary, which is affording me the chance to find a more stable position. God's hand is truly visible in every aspect of my life.

 I am going to really practice the art of intentional living from here on out, living in hope and gratitude and grace.

sunset Pictures, Images and Photos


photo credit

2 comments:

  1. I am inspired by your courage to “shed a layer of protection that I no longer need.” That is definitely a sacrifice. Praying for the healing of your heart as you give it to Him for safekeeping…

    ReplyDelete