Friday, January 7, 2011

Hope

A lot of bloggers are choosing one word for 2011. I have to say one word is easier and less intimidating than making several resolutions. With one word, you can apply it to all things without straining to define goals so exactly.

I have chosen the word HOPE. Hope for a better future. Hope in God's promises.  We hope all things...we hope to be able to endure all things (Article of Faith 13).  Being hopeful and looking to the future instead of being downcast about all that may have gone wrong last year.

To me, hope is not just a wishy-washy word: "Oh, I hope so" Hope is a strong word, like faith: I hope in God for a better life, a better year.

I picked this word before the New Year, I just hadn't taken the time to blog about it yet. And now as I reflect on some things that have happened in the short 7 days since the year began, it is a very apt word for me to have chosen. It fits oh so well.  Hope. Hope that things will work out for good.  Here's to a hope-filled 2011.

4 comments:

  1. Hope was my first runner up. Great post!

    My word: Forward




    http://www.thesearetheplaceswheregraceis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. "hope" is so hard for me right now, so i feel so challenged by your one word! chase hope hard this year. hold it tight. and i look forward to learning some lessons from you along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Love what you said about Hope. This word seemed to choose me too! It's a little scary, with this word, but I am looking to a better future too!

    Can't wait to read more.

    Cole

    ReplyDelete