I was (still sort of am) a Navy wife. It was an honor to me. I loved supporting our military in that way. I am so proud of the men and women who serve our country in Navy, Army, Air Force, Marine Corps, and the Coast Guard. I am very aware of the sacrifices they and their families make to keep our nation safe and am so so so grateful for their service.
I am especially proud of my little sister, who will be commissioned as an Army officer in about a year and a half. She still hasn’t decided whether or not she’ll be going the route of active duty, but regardless of the path she takes, it’s a wonderful thing she’s doing. And yet, I’ll still always hold the Navy a little higher in my esteem than the Army, or any other branch. I got closer to the workings of the Navy, I guess.
To wrap this post up in one sentence, I still get choked up thinking about the men and women serving in our military and all they do for us at the cost of time with their families and what we consider a normal life. That normal life that we owe to their sacrifices. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment