Sunday, February 20, 2011

Gratitude

Some days I find myself focusing on all that I don't have, forgetting the multitude of blessings I do have. I have so much and I really want to start focusing on it.

{1}I have a Savior,
{2}I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints,
{3}I have my scriptures,
{4}I believe in a living prophet who speaks to us today,
{5}I have a wonderful family, mother, father, step-mom, brothers,sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents,
 {6}I have a wonderful ward family (congregation),
{7}I have a place to live,
{8}I have a job,
{10}I have my health,
{11} I have electricty, running water, internet, cable

This is a basic list, but all of them are huge blessings. Huge. Yes, my heart is broken, and my marriage is over, my future irrevocably changed, but as long as I have my faith, and rely on my Savior, life will go on to become something beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Your life is beautiful now -- even broken, for He is found within it. Sometimes we neglect to see it, but it is there, waiting to be discovered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m visiting from Ann’s today. I know it’s Wednesday – but there are so many!!

    First – I am not LDS – I do love the heart of every LDS person I’ve ever met – and there are many – and your heart for God is clear – I just prayed for the stuff you’re going through – keep holding your shield of faith high – You have a BIG person in your corner!

    I always pick a favorite - and my favorite of yours today was ~ {6}I have a wonderful ward family (congregation) (for too long I was a Christian apart from the body of Our Lord – too long I neglected the fellowship we are supposed to have – wer aren’t designed, our faith isn’t designed to go it alone – that you know this – that is wisdom)

    God Bless you

    ReplyDelete