Something that particularly struck me was something my step-grandfather said when he was saying a few words at the family gathering before the memorial service. He was talking about how they met. "She was divorced, and I was divorced, and when we met, something good happened." That really gives me hope for my future. And I think that Grandma is glad I found that. Her whole life story just inspires me.
So much that her children shared during the service touched my heart. How my uncle started his remarks with "Life is unfair. You didn't get to have my mother as your mother" Or my step-mom talking about how much Grandma loved her son who was born with Down's, and felt that he truly brought their family together. My grandma's heart was so big, so welcoming. My step-mom shared with me that Grandma really loved that she and I shared a love of reading. After the memorial service, I found myself sitting in her corner, reading. I thought it was very fitting.
You will be missed, Grandma, but I know you are doing a great work on the other side!

Stopping early from the SITS Cocktail Party!
ReplyDeleteShe sounds like she was an amazing woman.
Your Grandma sounds like an amazing lady...so special.
ReplyDeleteyou have a great way with words.
jill
Awwww, sounds like you take after your grammy :) I really have been convicted lately about the beauty of grief. It is not an easy, unpainful process, but it sure is beautiful. Give yourself permission to grieve girl, an when the time comes, then rip those weeping clothes off and sing with songs of joy.
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful. I think one of the most important things after someone dies is the memories we get to possess. Nothing can take those away or taint them. They are just beautifully yours.
ReplyDeleteLovely thoughts Rachy.
your grandma sounds like she was a truly beautiful woman. Thanks for sharing her with us.
ReplyDelete--Mel
love your memories..how much we can learn from the lives of others. Value the things you have that are like her. so happy you were encouraged:)
ReplyDeletexo
This post just strikes my heart because of my semi-recent loss of my own grandmother. Seriously, God knew what He was doing when He put grandmothers in our lives, yes? I pray that your memories stay close to your heart and that He continues to teach you through her goodness and grace.
ReplyDeletethe love i felt from your post today brought tears to my eyes. thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHow special. The beauty of our ancestors urges us to live more simply and with great love. I love it when God crosses paths and good things happen.
ReplyDeletewhat a blessing that she inspired you and you inspire others with your words ...
ReplyDelete