I have been chasing after hope, as Alece phrased it in one of my comments. I seek it constantly and focus my scripture study around it, and get excited when I see a post about hope on other websites. The scripture I'm posting about tonight I found via Fresh Brew, the blog for a neat website, Ungrind. Their topic for the month is hope. :) I love finding extra inspiration like that.
The scripture my title comes from is Romans 15:5 (Fresh Brew actually references 15:15, but I found more personal meaning in verse 5). And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is spread abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. The hope here is the result of experience, which is the result of patience, which is the result of tribulation. Through tribulation, we can find hope. Hope in God, and when our hope is in God we are not ashamed, but filled with love. What a wonderful way to live. Much better than letting the tribulations squash us, as maybe I'm tempted to let happen sometimes. But I realized tonight that I am feeling more hopeful lately, I am looking to the future with my hope securely attached to God and His plan for my life. Yeah, my life isn't perfect, or what I expected, wanted, but God is there, and as long as I hope in Him, my future is exceedingly bright.
How does hope make your life better?
Hope does not make my life better, but it helps me to get through by having something to look forward to :)
ReplyDeleteI did a series on hope last year, by the Lord's prompting, and on the day that I was getting ready to start, we found out that our 2 1/2 year battle to get pregnant wasn't going to be "easier" as their might be a very real fertility issue in my husband's body. A myriad of emotions went through my mind, heart, and body, but foremost was, "Lord, why should I write about hope NOW...TODAY...of all days!! What do I have to share since what I am HOPING for is now even farther out of reach?"
ReplyDeleteBut write I did....and your question reminded me of something that the Father taught me then and continues to teach me over and over and over....it's terrible to be so forgetful! :) My hope is IN Him and HE makes my life better even when things are not turning out how I had HOPED!
There can be a lot of "shame" associated with being a woman, a couple, a family with no children...but I love that when I shift my focus back on Him and not on me...I don't have to be ashamed.
Wow! Sorry...didn't mean to "preach" today....but thanks for the inspiration!
I know you are going through a tough time right now, but marriage in the military is so tough. Don't get down on yourself through this process. You are still a "sister" to us military wives.
ReplyDeleteKeri@GlamorousArmy
http://theglamourouslifeofanarmywife.blogspot.com
Thank you, all of you, for the great comments!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment on my post today!
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine life without hope. I always hold on to hope because the best things have happened to me when I least expected it. It's always worth hanging in there and hoping for the best :-)