Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Heart Aches

I was a Navy wife for less than 2 years, a Navy fiancée before that, and a Navy girlfriend since 2007. I loved that role. I loved the support I gave my sailor, the unique lifestyle and challenges. I was up to it; my sailor didn't want me anymore.  I read blogs by military wives and my heart just aches to have that lifestyle back. I want to a military wife, I want to support my country and my love that way, but that just does not seem to be my path anymore. I will ever be grateful for the short time that it was, though, because of the true empathy it gives me to share with those who are still with their wonderful military men, especially my close friend whose husband just left on deployment for a year.  I just wish I still had it, too (even when I feel that I am where I'm supposed to be).

7 comments:

  1. Alright, I just wanted to send you a virtual hug!! I haven't gone though a divorce, but my husband has. Not a pretty thing, for sure. Things do end up getting better, it's just hard to wait until it does. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there my dear. It does get better. Remember time does not heal all wounds, it's what you do with that time that matters. Reflect on this moment in time, take from it what you learned, and use it so that you can become something greater than the self you have ever known!

    big hugs
    amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there sweetie, I have a million thoughts going through my head right now, most of them maternal. I have children your age so just imagine all the mommy advise I'm thinking about!

    Bless you heart, you are young, intelligent and have much going for you. You'll pull through this, just stay faithful and if you do what your Heavenly Father wants you to do He can't help but bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be an Army wife. I miss the perks but not the worry.

    I followed you link from SITS group at Blog Frog and am now a follower. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. (((hugs))) It's hard when your role changes but by supporting others who are in the situation you were in, like you are doing, your still making a difference and supporting our men and women! (((hugs))) again just because. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had to come back over and leave another comment thanking you for all your sweet comments over on my blog!! Each one made me smile- you're so sweet! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete