Monday, January 24, 2011

Shattered Heart, Meet Your Healer

Healing is a process, and it doesn't help the process when the door is not completely shut or open. This separation with the intent to divorce feels like a revolving door sometimes, where for a stretch of time,  I will be healing and recovering just fine, and then one little thing will send me shooting back to down to the depths of rejection and hurt. My favorite little moment, to add on to quite a few lately, is my estranged husband using the lame lame line that maybe some people just make better friends than lovers. Twist that knife, sweetheart.

What keeps me going, even when I am in searing pain, is my faith. I know that my God can heal this, will heal this. That when all is said and done, I will be whole because God gave me a Savior. My job is to turn all this hurt over to Him (Matt 11:28-30), to hope in Him (1 Pet 1:18-21). As long as I keep my focus on my Savior, nothing can go permanently wrong (Howard W Hunter, BYU Devotional, 3/14/89, paragraph 9). Pray with me that I can follow my Savior completely and wholly, holding nothing back, that I will listen and obey even if it seems hard or inconvenient.



13 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you in getting through the separation and/or divorce. I've been there before, and limbo does not feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are going through this difficult and painful time right now. I hope you do find strength and comfort in your faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lifting you in prayer. It is rough...but you are focusing on what is important and that is the complete Believe that He, Our Savior, is with you through this...Cling to Him - I know that you are!

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine. . .just said a prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart is breaking for you. I will be praying for you. Just remember that He is also the God of reconciliation and forgiveness. Nothing is too big or hard for Him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be praying for you. I am so sorry that you are having to endure this pain, but as much as it hurts, I do know that Jesus has a healing balm, that He will lead you through, and that He will love you like no other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you! It is never easy! You never know what God can do and will do through this and in your life and that of your estranged husband. Keep in faith! That is the place of comfort and rest. God can do great things through prayers and faith! stay close to HIM and HE will bring you through it all! be blessed!
    Well, this is my first article. I was thinking about what to write, and all of a sudden my gram came to mind. I guess it could do with the fact that my gramp is having surgery today, and it just got me thinking about her. She passed away, suddenly, about two years ago. It was a hard loss, not just because it was sudden, but because she was a fascinating woman! She was one of the most loving, giving, serving people I knew! Their house was always open and they were always willing to have a guest or many guests! She always had coffee going and even if there were unexpected guests she always offered them a meal! She was a wonderful woman, but as I thought about her and how giving she was to others, she was most giving was to her family, and especially her husband! She cared for my gramp unconditionally and expected nothing in return. She always wanted to please him and do whatever she could for him.

    I have been reading a book about being a help mate to your husband, and even though maybe she did not know this term, she lived it out daily! She was the best helper to her husband. She had the warmest and friendliest and most comfortable home, but she showed it also by what she did and how she loved my gramp! Yes, they got into a little squabble here and there, which was always interesting because they would yell at each other in different language so no one knew what they were saying. Us grandkids always thought that they were swearing at each other in other languages ... lol. But no matter what, she loved him and showed that love to him. She was like this with everyone, but she knew what her man liked and she knew what her man expected and she wanted to make him happy all the days of his life. I have to admit that we didn’t know how my gramp would be after the loss, and I know there were sleepless nights, and many, many tears cried, but those memories that he has of her are priceless, and he know understands her undying devotion to him!



    http://happyhome-myrole.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. praying for you now...know He is right beside you..continue to hold His hand...He never lets go
    xo:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Find comfort in the fact that God doesn't waste experiences - good or bad. He'll heal you and use this journey for the greater good of His kingdom. Prayers of blessings and healing for you...thank you for being so vulnerable. That's when God does some of His very best work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Rachy, My daughter-in-law is going through this same thing. My heart goes out to you, and I will pray for you today.

    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your heart and letting us try to speak healing. Praying for you now, Rachy, using this verse that came to mind as I read your post,

    For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

    May you see at least the outlines of His plans for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Rachy. This is my first visit to your blog (visiting from Jen's) and I'm immediately drawn to you and this wretched experience for I walked this exact path at 27. If you care to read about it, you can find the whole story on my blog under the "Life Story" link at the top - specifically Part Eight. To give you a quick rundown - I was divorced from my college sweetheart after he came forward with a serious cocaine addiction and string of infidelities. I was devastated.

    I came to my faith during this time. I held fast to Jeremiah 29:11 in combination with Romans 8:28 - the plan is good for you.

    To give you hope, the plan is so very much better than I could have ever dreamed of. God knew all along there was something better for me and it came in the form of a beautiful, God-loving husband and three precious children.

    The pain is so very real. I remember that many days it would literally knock me to my knees, but God. Always, but God.

    The plan is good. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rachy, I'm visiting from Jen's link up. I'm so very sorry you're going through this. I hope and pray you feel God's love and peace at every corner you turn.

    Blessings,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete