I am having a hard time blogging tonight; I had a fun full day, and I'm just tired. I went into Washington D.C. with my some of my very best friends. It was a great day.
41) Meeting my friends in D.C. topped my list today.
42) I found out that two of my closest friends (guy and girl) have started dating. It took me a bit, but I do think it is cute.
43) We had lunch with the guy's dad where he works at a government building. It was fun to sit and talk at lunch. The dad has known me all my life, so it was good to see him.
44) I bought a book today, The Twelve Days of Christmas in Washington, D.C. I grew up right outside D.C., so this book really speaks to me, and I look forward to sharing it with future children. Also, the money went to a good cause, which relieves my anxiety at spending money when I'm unemployed, a bit.
45) We visited the National Cathedral today, a beautiful, large Episcopalian church in D.C. It is very beautiful, and has a tower with an extraordinary view of DC and the surrounding areas.
46) After we walked through the cathedral, we had to stand outside to wait for our ride, when the cathedral closed. We all (three girls, one boy, huddled close together to stay warm. It was amusing.
47) I took the time to catch up with my best friend's mom (diff friend than the one whose dad we ate lunch with). She is a surrogate mom, and she noticed something that someone else did yesterday, I'm more vivacious than before. Good to know that I'm recovering well from my heartbreak.
48) A good old fashioned sleep over. :)
So all in all, a great day. Now I'm watching a movie with my girl friends, all spending the night at one girl's house, (minus the new boyfriend, also known as old friend). Very fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment