Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Late Evening Joys

I thought about editing this in to the last post, but believe that it deserves its own post.

64) I took a moment, while my friend is talking to her parents for the moment, to pray and draw near to God. Visiting friends, especially staying over, usually means my usual time spent worshiping and seeking God gets set aside. So it was so nice to have a moment to really, truly pray, pouring my heart out until I felt the peace of God wash over me.

65) I am so grateful for my Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ who came to save us all. I love a Book of Mormon scripture that says we are to rely wholly (or completely) on the merits of him who is mighty to save (2 Nephi 31:19). I am so thankful for His atoning sacrifice that makes it possible for me to commune with God, to live more abundantly (John 10:10), and to return to live with my Father in Heaven once more.

There are my more spiritual joys of the week so far. I have been challenged by the friend who I am visiting with to find the remaining 35 joys in the next three days. So I am going to be praying hard to see joy all around me. Here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment