Friday, December 31, 2010

Frustration and Focus

Some days I feel so frustrated with how stagnant my life seems. I'm a jobless bum who just sits around. I don't really have a raging social life, either (well, I did just spend a whole week with my friend...) I just feel rudderless at times. Bored, too. I don't get out enough, help others enough (ok, so I did just do some major babysitting for my friend last weekend...) I need to get some serious perspective, oh, yeah, and a JOB!

Also part of the frustration comes from the lack of ability to get my focus off of the slightly stupid idea of wanting to "come in out the cold" of single life. I just don't like being single, which might be bad... The tricky part is I'm not truly single yet; my divorce won't be final for a good while and I don't feel right dating until it is. Yet I want to date. I know I need to not focus/fixate on this.... I need to enjoy being single...whatever that means. I hate the line "Use this time to get to know yourself again" Um, I was married, not brainwashed...I am a confident 22, nearly 23, year-old woman and I know myself fairly well, maybe even better after being married. I need some advice on how to be single, I guess. HELP!

This was a just a rant post, thanks for putting up with my crazy, focus-less self

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are having a "quarter life crisis". I actually had one of these when I was just about 25, I felt like I was going nowhere with my job, I had no relationship and I didn't really have any family around. I know it is not what you want to hear but it will all work out. Only time will tell! I hope you find some focus and purpose in the New Year! Happy New Year, God Bless!

    ReplyDelete