I feel a little silly posting twice in one day, but I want to continue adding joys to my list, before I forget them. I will try to keep it down to one post per day after today.
3) The little gingerbread village my family tried to put together. It's a little sad and pathetic, but it was fun to do it together.
4) I added a few things to my Christmas decorations collection today, and put out my little Christmas village on my dresser. I LOVE Christmas.
5) Watching It's A Wonderful Life with my family.
6) Making chocolate chip cookies for my family, enough to fill the cookie jar :)
7) My mom told me tonight me how grateful she is to have me here this Christmas, and thankful for all the effort I am putting into making Christmas a little more special this year, especially for my brothers. Hearing her say that helps me feel like I'm going in the right direction, even when life still feels a little wrong.
8)The last one for the night is the post-it message of the day from Operation Beautiful: "Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think!" Operation Beautiful is this wonderful site with the mission of changing the way women see themselves by posting notes around in public places. I love that. I feel like I have healthy self-image, but I know sometimes I think too negatively. I always feel uplifted after visiting the site.
You really have a great list here. I am so glad that you are really looking for joy in your difficult time. Your blog is really moving. Keep your chin up Rachy!
ReplyDelete