Sunday, December 19, 2010

Early Christmas Joys

Crazy how I've been blogging daily. Before I blogged so erratically. I might blog a little less after this challenge, but definitely more regularly.


34) One of the great joys of babysitting is when you give the children back to their parents. After babysitting for well over 12 hrs, it was a relief to give those cute girls back to their mom. Good thing it'll be a little while yet before I'm a parent myself.


35) After the holiday itself, my favorite part of Christmas is all my friends coming home on break. Several of my friends were back in town from school and it was so  very good to see them at church, even if my responsibilities in the nursery limited the time I got to see them.


36) But my favorite person that I got to see after a long time was my cousin. He was away for 2 years on a mission for our church, and he came down to my ward (congregation) for a family event. I was so excited to see him standing there in the hall. :D


37) Spending the afternoon with my big family was so wonderful. I have six younger siblings (full and step) and then there was my parents, my step-grandparents and uncle, my grandma, and my recently returned cousin. It was so awesome to be all together.


38) My step-grandma has Alzheimer's, which is so hard for me to see her go through, so my step-mom made us all t-shirts with our names on them to see if she would interact more. It didn't make a big impact, because the size of the crowd was a little overwhelming. But seeing her light up every time she saw the shirt that her son was wearing, that said Schmuncle, which is what his nieces and nephews call him, was worth it for me. 


39) We had a big Christmas dinner tonight. Sweet potatoes with marshmallows, ham, rolls, my step-mom's mac and cheese. Yum, yum!


40) We also exchanged gifts tonight, since my dad works on Christmas. That was fun, especially seeing how much my step-grandma enjoyed her gifts. 


I think that's it for tonight. A little less than halfway to a hundred. My goal is to finish this by New Year's, right now. We'll see how joy filled this next week is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment